Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Shoulders and Tricep Workout **Making Gains**

One of my many missions in my journey of self-improvement is to grow my shoulders and upper back. For the last 3 months, I have been really pushing myself to mix up my workouts and challenge my body with exercises that are unique (and painful). Well, this workout had met all of these criteria, give it a try!!

-5-7 minute warm up and 10 minute stretch, focusing on the upper body
-Dynamic warm up for the shoulders with 5 lb plates
     -Arm circles forward and back
     - Internal/external rotation

Superset #1: repeat 3 times, 10 reps each
-Narrow Grip Overhead Press on Smith Machine
-Wide grip Military Press on Smith Machine
-Front Plate Raises
-Lateral lean-away Deltoid Raise

Superset #2: repeat 3 times, 10 reps each
-Tricep Rope Pull-down (drop set)
-Tricep Kickback
-Reverse Grip Tricep Pull-down (drop set)

Superset #3: 10 reps of DEATH
In one rep- front deltoid raise, lateral deltoid raise, front full extension, shoulder press (that's one)
-do this combo 10 times, without stopping, and without changing weights (I use 5-7.5 lbs)

Superset #4: Throw in some core work! repeat 3 times, 20 reps each
-Lying straight leg raises
-"V" Up Stability ball pass


There ya have it!! Give this workout a try, and leave a comment!!

If you have any further questions or would like more information on creating your own kick ass workouts, contact me at lyndsiemfitness@aol.com

No comments:

Post a Comment